My name is Heather Bartlett. I am married to a wonderful man and have two beautiful boys. I started making cakes just for fun about three years ago. It's something I have always wanted to try and I finally got the opportunity when our boys turned three and one. It turns out I really enjoy it. It's something I can do and stay at home with the boys. I use homemade marshmallow fondant rather than the commercial version because it tastes better. All of my cakes and frostings are made from scratch. I give my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, all the glory for the gifts He has given me.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

First Baptist Church of Blairsville "Festival of Tables"


This cake went all the way to Blairsville, GA. It was for an event hosted be the WMU of my mother-in-law's church. My dear Trevor drove us up and had to deal with my back seat driving. I don't give him enough credit. I couldn't do any of this without his help. He cuts my cake boards, helps with design ideas, delivers many of the cakes, and does the heavy lifting. He will even make the fondant and color it if he sees I need help, and has been known to jump in and help with the docorating when deadlines are approaching way too fast (as they often do!). I should call it "Trevor and Heather's Cakes and Confections". Thanks, babe. I love you!
(14",12",10",8", 6") Serves 200. $900







0 comments:

Post a Comment